The optimism that puzzled many in April may be insinuating Might, as stocks fell during Friday’s trading session and are down once again this morning. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite is off 0.55% this morning, putting it 13% off its record highs set this year, however also up 29%from its 52-week lows it set straight following those highs. Niching down to SaaS and cloud stocks, the Bessemer-Nasdaq cloud index is off 0.85% today, after shedding almost 3% in recently’s last trading session.
SaaS and cloud stocks rebounded strongly in April, making their slow start in Might a frustration. As last month came to a close, strong results from giants like Alphabet and Microsoft reduced some market concerns about the economy’s health towards completion of Q1.
Nevertheless, the week ahead is full of incomes so we should not put excessive stock in any specific trading session. To prepare you for the news onslaught, TechCrunch has actually prepared a list of companies expected to report Q1 outcomes today, together with the start-up sector that they will help information with their own numbers.
Please take pleasure in:
- Monday: Appfolio (vertical SaaS), Chegg (edtech), Despegar.com (travel-focused tech), Five9 (cloud).
- Tuesday: Blizzard (gaming), EA (gaming), Arista Networks (networking), Beyond Meat (meat alternatives), Groupon (ecommerce), TripAdvisor (travel tech), Pinterest (customer demand, marketplaces).
- Wednesday: Alteryx (SaaS), Square (fintech), PayPal (fintech), Hubspot (SaaS), GrubHub (food shipment), Fastly (infra), FitBit (consumer tech), Etsy (consumer goods, ecommerce), Upwork (marketplaces), Grow Social (SaaS), Sonos (customer tech), Shopify (ecommerce, SaaS), Zynga (video gaming), Lyft (on-demand mobility), Twilio (SaaS, telecom).
- Thursday: Bill.com (SaaS), CarGurus (consumer need, ecommerce), Care.com (health-tech), Castlight Health (SaaS), Cloudflare (infra), Dropbox (SaaS), The Trade Desk (martech), HP, GoPro (customer hardware), Fiverr (consumer marketplaces), Rapid7 (cybersec), Yelp (marketing), Uber (on-demand movement),
- Friday: Riot Blockchain (lol)
So it’s going to be busy. No matter what sort of startup you appreciate the most, there’s going to be an earnings report for you coming out shortly. Naturally, news from Pinterest, Uber and Lyft will dominate, however there’s a lot of smaller sized reports that may show much more intriguing.
TechCrunch will cover a handful. The rest will be covered in a summary fashion as required to describe new patterns that are affecting start-ups. And then, like a wave after its crest, things should begin to slow on the incomes front for another few months as Q2 rolls along.
Monday! Let’s go!
Article curated by RJ Shara from Source. RJ Shara is a Bay Area Radio Host (Radio Jockey) who talks about the startup ecosystem – entrepreneurs, investments, policies and more on her show The Silicon Dreams. The show streams on Radio Zindagi 1170AM on Mondays from 3.30 PM to 4 PM.