Here’s another edition of “Dear Sophie,” the suggestions column that responds to immigration-related concerns about operating at innovation business.

“Your questions are essential to the spread of knowledge that enables individuals all over the world to rise above borders and pursue their dreams,” states Sophie Alcorn, a Silicon Valley immigration attorney. “Whether you remain in people ops, a creator or seeking a job in Silicon Valley, I would like to answer your concerns in my next column.”

“Dear Sophie” columns are available for Bonus Crunch subscribers; usage promotion code ALCORN to acquire a one- or two-year subscription for 50% off.

Dear Sophie:

I live in Sydney and an American business is providing my husband a professional task and a work visa. I’m qualified to get a visa and a work license under my partner’s visa. Can I form my own startup with that dependent visa and work allow or do I need to discover a task with an American company? How long would we have the ability to remain in the U.S.?

— Aspiring in Australia

Dear Aspiring in Australia:

Congrats on calling your desire and stating your intention to begin a business. That’s exciting!

Based on your question, it seems like the business is sponsoring your spouse for an E-3 visa for Australian specialists, and you would be qualified for a reliant E-3 visa and work permission document (EAD), also called a work license. Just recently, I have actually been getting a lot of concerns from partners about reliant visas and working. Check out my podcasts on reliant visas and specifically about the E-3 visa for additional details.

Article curated by RJ Shara from Source. RJ Shara is a Bay Area Radio Host (Radio Jockey) who talks about the startup ecosystem – entrepreneurs, investments, policies and more on her show The Silicon Dreams. The show streams on Radio Zindagi 1170AM on Mondays from 3.30 PM to 4 PM.