Hey there and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast, where we unpack the numbers behind the headings. Here at Equity Monday we look at what occurred over the weekend, what’s ahead, and a few recent
funding rounds. As you’ll hear, we’re heading back into our typical cadence and topics, however if you do want to discover a bit more about what you can do to make your voice heard in opposition to racist policing, recently’s ep deserves listening to. This is what we got up to this morning: Alexis Ohanian revealed that
- he’s stepping down from the board of Reddit. He wants to be replaced by a Black American. Airbnb regional reservations are recovering, in a benefit to the extremely valued unicorn. Airbnb had to cut staff earlier this year after the global travel market dried up.
- Reliance Jio offered another little itself for a huge amount. This time 1.16% for $750 million.
- Didi’s ride-hailing volume is back to where it was a year ago. That’s great news for domestic ride-hailing companies.
- Up ahead we have profits from Chewy, Adobe and Stitch Fix.
- Energysquare raised a EUR3 million Seed round, Germany-based NovaPump has raised what reports call a “Seven-Digit Funding Round,” and Inky, a cybersecurity start-up based in Maryland here in the United States, has created a $20 million Series B.
And, lastly, we wonder about what’s driving the bullish belief behind Vroom? It just raised its IPO price variety, and we have concerns.
Equity drops every Friday at 6:00 am PT, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the casts.
Article curated by RJ Shara from Source. RJ Shara is a Bay Area Radio Host (Radio Jockey) who talks about the startup ecosystem – entrepreneurs, investments, policies and more on her show The Silicon Dreams. The show streams on Radio Zindagi 1170AM on Mondays from 3.30 PM to 4 PM.