Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s endeavor capital-focused podcast where we unload the numbers behind the headings.This is Equity Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the most recent huge news, chats about the coming week
, digs into some recent financing rounds and mulls over a bigger style or narrative from the private markets. You can follow the program on Twitter here and myself here– and do not forget to have a look at last Friday’s episode. What a hectic early morning. We needed to cover TikTok. We needed to talk VC rounds. This is what we got up to: US tech stocks are poised to sell off further this early morning. The Oracle-TikTok-Walmart-ByteDance deal is either coming into focus, or a duration of even less clarity. It’s hard to tell. Nikola creator Trevor Milton is leaving the board of his own company in the
wake of fraud claims. Shares of the company are greatly lower in pre-market trading. Relying on TikTok
- , this primer represents the best over-the-weekend roundup that we
- might discover. But, obviously, things are still breaking as we concern print. Considering that recording, Oracle has said that”upon creation of TikTok Global, Oracle/Walmart will make their investment and the TikTok Global shares will be distributed to their
- owners, Americans will be the bulk and ByteDance will have no ownership in TikTok Global.”And, President Trump said today that China needs to give up control of TikTok or the offer is off. ByteDance has stated that it will keep control. You figure that out. However there was some great things to chat about.
- Including the super-neat Mobile Premier League round worth$90 million, development news from EU-based Babbel, a brand-new London-based Seed fund that got raised, and a Swedish healthtech Series B. As you thought from today’s title, it was fun to see such a concentration of EU VC activity.
- Finally, will the Nikola mess discourage more SPACs from taking companies public? If the rest of the stock market wasn’t selling, we would have said no. However today? Is the answer possibly? Equity drops every Monday at 7:00 a.m. PT and Thursday afternoon as fast as we can get it out, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the casts. Article curated by RJ Shara from Source. RJ Shara is a Bay Area Radio Host (Radio Jockey) who talks about the startup ecosystem – entrepreneurs, investments, policies and more on her show The Silicon Dreams. The show streams on Radio Zindagi 1170AM on Mondays from 3.30 PM to 4 PM.