April 16, 2020 7 minutes read This story appears in the April 2020 issue ofEntrepreneur. I just understood in my heart that to really have an impact, I had to do one thing and do it actually well. Two years in, we went in really strong with our D2C technique: We built a brand-new website and ran advertisements to bring attention to it, and those sales actually kept the brand afloat. Schmidt got terrific feedback by releasing in the local farmers’markets of Portland. And by then, Schmidt’s Naturals was in about 14,000 stores in more than 30 nations? Having the experience of Schmidt’s, which I genuinely bootstrapped, I understand that cash is not constantly the response.Article curated by RJ Shara from Source. RJ Shara is a Bay Area Radio Host (Radio Jockey) who talks about the startup ecosystem – entrepreneurs, investments, policies and more on her show The Silicon Dreams. The show streams on Radio Zindagi 1170AM on Mondays from 3.30 PM to 4 PM.
Do not Obsess Over the Obstacles, Says the Creator of Schmidt’s Naturals
- Disease-related threat management is now a thing, and this young start-up is at the forefront
- Elderly caretech platform Birdie gets $11.5 M Series A led by Index
- Cybersecurity startup Panaseer raises $26.5 M Series B led by AllegisCyber Capital
- Jamf snags zero trust security startup Wandera for $400M
- Your Organization Will Not Make It If You Don’t Do This