CakeResume is a startup creating an alternative for the tech market to job search platforms like LinkedIn. The Taipei-based business, established in 2016, announced today that it has actually raised $900,000 in seed funding from Mynavi, one of the largest staffing and public relations companies in Japan. The round will be utilized to expand CakeResume’s operations in other countries, including Japan and India. Creator and ceo Trantor Liu, who was a full-stack web developer at Codementor before launching CakeResume, said the startup’s objective is to have the biggest pool of tech skill in Asia. The platform currently has about 100,000 active resumes, 75%of which were created by job applicants in Taiwan. More than 3,000 companies, ranging from start-ups like Appier to business like Amazon Web Solutions, TSMC, Nvidia and Tesla, use it for recruitment. The other 25 %of resumes come from nations including India, Indonesia and the United States

. CakeResume plans to expand in Japan with the help of Mynavi, a tactical investor, and is also looking for collaborations in Southeast and South Asia with recruiters. Liu stated CakeResume has a particularly high conversion rate in India, and its goal is to build a swimming pool of at least 100,000 resumes there.

In statement about its choice to purchase CakeResume, a Mynavi represenative said, “The worldwide lack of IT engineers is ending up being more obvious and we are concentrating on services related to IT skill in Asia. Among them, CakeResume’s service is outstanding in product design, and the service is currently utilized by numerous talent in the nation,” including that it anticipates the platform to end up being “the largest IT skill pool in Asia in the future.”

In Taiwan, CakeResume’s primary rivals are LinkedIn and job search site 104. com.tw. It likewise competes against other task websites like AngelList, Certainly and Glassdoor.

CakeResume differentiates by providing tech experts more ways to flaunt their skills, considering that many tech companies desire more extensive resumes than the traditional one-pagers used in other fields. The start-up was named due to the fact that its resume contractor enables task candidates to add more layers of info, like putting together a cake. CakeResume’s design template allows engineers to embed tasks from GitHub, while designers can add data visualizations, instead of simply including links to them.

“We aren’t just supplying a type to fill out that you can then download as a formatted PDF resume. We want to permit you to be more creative,” stated Liu. “You can quickly embed project images and include descriptions, that makes it much easier for HR to comprehend what you can contribute.”

Another difference in between CakeResume and its rivals is that most people who create a profile are actively looking for brand-new positions, instead of professional networking opportunities. Since it is likewise customized for the tech industry, recruiters have a higher possibility of getting actions from interested prospects, Liu said.

“We recently got a review from among our customers, and they said when they utilized our platform to contact talent, they got about a 50% reply rate, however on LinkedIn it might be less than 10%,” he added.

Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, many job candidates wanted to move, but chief operating officer Wei-Cheng Hsieh said CakeResume is now focusing more on assisting people discover remote tasks. More tech business, including Facebook and Google, are extending their work from house policies till a minimum of summer 2021. Numerous task postings still define a location, Liu stated CakeResume’s group expects this will alter as companies continue adapting to the pandemic. While CakeResume will remain concentrated on matching candidates to tasks instead of networking, it likewise evaluating some social functions to help workers around the world connect with business and each other. Article curated by RJ Shara from Source. RJ Shara is a Bay Area Radio Host (Radio Jockey) who talks about the startup ecosystem – entrepreneurs, investments, policies and more on her show The Silicon Dreams. The show streams on Radio Zindagi 1170AM on Mondays from 3.30 PM to 4 PM.